Exporting tracks to ave the same length as the full song

Hi everyone,

I have looked everywhere for this answer and can’t seem to find it nor find it our myself. I am working on an audio project where some tracks’ audios do not have the same length as the whole song but only start after a minute or so. However, I need to export them to have the same length as the full song and not only the length of its own audio (so basically - one minute of silence - audio - silence until the song ends) - how can I do this?

Hope somebody can help me! Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

When exporting a track, Audacity exports from the start of the first audio clip in the track to the end of the final audio clip in the track. Any empty spaces between these points is filled with silence. Empty space before the first audio clip in the track is not filled with silence.

If you need to export a track that starts after the start of the project (there is empty space before the first audio clip), and you want to include that empty space in the exported file, select a few seconds at the start of the track (doesn’t matter how much, just select some of that empty space, starting from time=0), then “Generate menu > Silence” to replace the selected empty space with silence. The track can now be exported including the silence at the start.