Understanding Find Clipping result?

[Question also posted in Facebook Audacity Voiceover Users group; no response yet.]

I need help understanding results of the Analyze > Find Clipping procedure applied to an existing audio track. The procedure yields a Clipping track showing where (if at all) clipping occurred in the audio track. Here is a sample: In this Clipping track at the point where clipping was detected, what do “1 of 1”, “6 of 6”, “28 of 28” etc. mean? Thanks.
Clipping example.png

BTW: I use Audacity v2.1.3 on Windows 10.

See … Find Clipping - Audacity Manual

I suspect you have 28 overload points and the software is trying to label every one of them. Drag-select that little chunk and Control-E Zoom into it. I expect it to expand into billions of overloads.

The bad news is you usually can’t recover from something like that. If it overloaded before Audacity got to it, that’s the end of the world.

You’re recording massively too loud. You should be recording with your peaks between -6dB and -10dB peaks on the meter and timeline about 50% or so. I would change back to the Waveform timeline because it’s a lot easier to see problems like this.

Also, you’re set for sample rate of 22500 (on the left) which is a sound quality slightly better than AM radio.

Koz