Short cuts for chains

Greetings

I do a lot of editing work on Audacity, and I have created several presets in chains that I use a lot.

I know that I can allocate a keyboard short cut to the Chains menu in general. However, is there any way to allocate a keyboard short cut to each individual chain that I create?

Thanks for your help and advice.

I have just downloaded Audacity 2.2.0 and I am running Windows 10.

James

Currently no, though I agree that would be very useful in some situations.

Unfortunately some additional bad news. It was discovered shortly after Audacity 2.2.0 was released that some Chains would cause Audacity to crash.
This bug has now been fixed in the development code and will be available in the next Audacity release. In the meantime, if you have problems with Chains you may need to go back to Audacity 2.1.3. The next version (2.2.2) is due to be released early next month (December).

If you need Audacity 2.1.3 and don’t already have a copy, you can get it from here: Audacity download latest version
(scroll down the page, then select “2.1.3” in the “Select a version” choice box).

Thanks for your help Steve.

Yes, I had the crashing problem yesterday. Back to 2.1.3 for now - it’s like an old friend. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to the update.

Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

James