Audacity Export option inexistent

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

• Please state which version of Windows you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

• Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
    The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Audacity Export option inexistent

Permanent link to this post Posted by wbezerra » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:26 pm

Windows 10 Audacity 2.2.0
I have been trying for a couple of hours now to make this damn file export but the issuee I have is that audacity will not let me import the file as a wav, simply because it only allows me to save it as an aup file and te export option simply is not there.
Attachments
audacity.PNG
Issue when importing.
audacity.PNG (46.7 KiB) Viewed 98 times
wbezerra

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Audacity Export option inexistent

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:42 pm

In Audacity 2.2.0, the export options are in "File menu > Save Other" (http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/file ... other.html)
This was done as an attempt to help people that could not find how to 'save' an audio file. Unfortunately it seems to have confused as many as it helped, so the next Audacity release will bring back an "Export" menu item.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Re: Audacity Export option inexistent

Permanent link to this post Posted by Trebor » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:06 am

wbezerra wrote:... audacity will not let me import the file as a wav, simply because it only allows me to save it as an aup file and te export option simply is not there.

If you double-click on the aup-file it should open in Audacity, then save a copy in WAV format ...

saving as WAV in Audacity 2-2-0.gif
saving as WAV in Audacity 2-2-0.gif (83.49 KiB) Viewed 92 times
Trebor

Operating System: Windows Vista

Return to Windows