multiple exporting

I’ve successfully managed to record an album, and label the tracks then multiple export everything. However, I expected to get a folder with the name of the album and all the tracks as files in the folder for easy transfer to my audio player. What I’ve got is 12 separate mp3 files and nothing more.

I expected to get a folder with the name of the album and all the tracks as files in the folder for easy transfer to my audio player. What I’ve got is 12 separate mp3 files and nothing more.

I think you have to create the folder before exporting to it (or while exporting). [u]Export Multiple[/u].

Is that the only problem??? …just create a folder and drag the MP3s into it.

…I don’t bother with multiple export… I select/highlight & export one track at a time, then I use MP3tag for the metadata.

Of course I can create any old folder and drag the tracks into it. However, my audio player has to recognize the function of the folder, ie it’s the album, which will be stocked under albums and I have no idea how I could configure such a folder. The audio player also stocks albums under artists. I imagined that Audacity would take catre of all of that. Was i mistaken?

Most player software doesn’t care about the folders or file names… The player should use the [u]embedded metadata[/u] (ID3 tags in the case of MP3s).

Audacity’s metadata editor doesn’t support album art so you’ll need to use something else if you want to include artwork.

Like I said, I use [u]MP3TAG[/u]. You can select all of the files in a folder and edit all of the common information (artist/album/genre/artwork/etc.). Then, you can edit the title & track number for each song file individually.

Most audio/media player applications can also edit metadata.

Some player software can use a JPG file in the album folder, but embedded artwork is more commonly supported.

You can usually find the album artwork online. If you can’t find it online, an LP album cover is too big for a standard scanner but you can scan it in pieces and use a “photo stitching” application to combine the multiple-partial scans. (I took some LPs to Kinkos once assuming they had a large-format scanner, but they refused to copy the copyrighted artwork.)

I’ve downloaded the tag software and I’ll see how it works out. I’m still surprised however that Audacity doesn’t offer an export option enabling you to tag all the tracks of a recording whilst exporting it as a whole. Many thanks!

It does, but perhaps you turned that option off.
See “Show Metadata Tags editor before export” Import / Export Preferences - Audacity Manual

Dear DVDdoug and Steve. Many thanks for your help. I’ve finally managed it using only Audacity. Multiple export. Make a new folder. Name the folder. In the folder put all the tracks that have been exported. Transfer folder to audio player. All the tracks are correctly filed under artist, album, track. Thanks again.