Recording From Device

Hi everybody :
I checked and made a copy of the settings for Audacity version 2.0.5. If I’m using an Mp3 player…or similar device…what would the input settings be ? And changing these settings back to playback (so I can hear it through my computer ). I’m running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. Using onboard sound (no separate card) Realtek.
Thanks…garystan

If I’m using an Mp3 player…or similar device…

Well… You wouldn’t record from an MP3 player, you’d copy the MP3 file (digitally). Same with a CD… You’d use a “CD ripping” application to copy the digital data to a WAV or MP3 file, etc.

But if you do have something analog, you need a line-level input to connect a line-output or headphone-output. All desktop/tower computers have soundcards with have line-inputs (color-coded blue). Most laptops only have mic-in, but since a line/headphone signal is about 100 times stronger than a mic signal, the mic-input does not work well. If you have a laptop, you’ll need a “USB Audio Interface”. Don’t get a regular “USB soundcard”. They are like laptops with only mic-in and headphone-out.

[u]How To Connect Your Equipment[/u].

[u]How To Set Up Audacity[/u].

And changing these settings back to playback (so I can hear it through my computer ).

Are you having a problem with that?