How to make Slender-Like Static?

So, I just got this program yesterday, and I use windows 10, so this is in the window’s section, and I used the .exe installer.
I have wanted to make the static in the file attached below. Now I want a certain part of that that I can easily adjust, except this is the file for getting caught by him, that is the static gets louder and the feedback appears. Now I have found out its a wave like pattern, and the static I generated is like that, except a lot more waves. And it doesn’t even sound right. I need a frequency of 9.1 kilohertz. OK, this a lot to do for being an absolute NOOOOOOB at this program. How do I do this?
sledag.PNG

I have wanted to make the static in the file attached below

A sound file would have been more helpful than a picture. :wink:

You can experiment with [u]Generate[/u]. White noise is “static like” random noise that contains all frequencies. Pink noise is white noise that’s been filtered at -3dB per octave and it sounds more “natural” and less harsh.

You can also generate 9.1kHz sine or square waves, but they don’t sound like static. The 9.1kHz square wave and sine wave should sound similar, since the harmonics of the square wave are above the limits of human hearing. In general “static” is random and it doesn’t have an identifiable frequency/pitch.

Ok. I know static is random, I just need something that follows the general sound. I just can’t get it to sound like it. :frowning:
Also, questions. Why is the main static part like crackling. I generate White noise and it does not have the crackling sound to it. It’s more of zzzszszszszszszzszsszzz sound. And, what is that RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR sound at the end? I also have experimented to no avail. :frowning:

If you run this code in the Nyquist Prompt effect it will produce static-like noise.

;version 4
;control repeats "Number of iterations" int "" 4 1 10

(let ((static (noise)))
  (dotimes (i repeats static)
    (setf static (mult static (noise))))
  (mult static (/ 0.8 (peak static 100000))))

Close to the crackling I need. I compared it and the crackling that I’m trying to reproduce is more of radio type. But then how do I make the sound I don’t know what it is… in other words this: RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
That sort of sound. I have no idea what it is.

It’s mainly ~1kHz & ~3kHz , but it’s much more complicated than that …

Oh, well I didn’t know that. I got the 9.1 KHz from Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vznmp2qnqc0here.
Scroll down into the comments.
I did not know it was a different frequency.

Also, the sound was close, its just too high pitched. Now I need a better crackling sound.
P.S: How does the “Distortion” effect work?

I hate free sound.
Edit: Also, I think it’s more like Radio static.

Is this topic dead?

The slender-effect mostly uses existing sounds, rather than synthesizing them from scratch :
sounds like slamming a piano lid, static-crackle, squelching, feedback-squeal.
They’re all available from sound-libraries, either for free or for payment.

Uh… Piano Abuse you searched? :confused: Uh… I’m not sure what to think.

Sounds like someone is slamming a piano from 0.375 to 2.5 seconds

http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/spectrogram_view.html

Sorry about being late, but that is… It’s the clip from getting caught after 8 pages. Slenderwalking behind you.