loop(repeat) audio "while" recording

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

• Please state which version of Windows you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

• Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
    The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

loop(repeat) audio "while" recording

Permanent link to this post Posted by srikamala99s » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:41 pm

Hello Everyone,
Could you please help me with the following situation?
I want to record some audio to learn for chanting purpose. Whatever I say, it should be recorded and repeated again 3 times with low volume.let us say, I say " let noble thoughts come from all directions". Then it should be recorded and repeated 3 times (total 4 times ). The repeated ones should have low volume. So, the audio file should look like :
" let noble thoughts come from all directions {silence} let noble thoughts come from all directions {silence} let noble thoughts come from all directions {silence} let noble thoughts come from all directions {silence}

Then I say something else and that should be recorded in the same way as explained above.
Could you please help me with this? Thank you so much.
Regards,
Sri
srikamala99s

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: loop(repeat) audio "while" recording

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:04 am

Audacity can't do that.
I can't think of any other program that can either. Perhaps a real-time DAW (such as ProTools, Cubase, Reaper, Sonar ...) with a very slow delay effect as an insert effect in the recording channel.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Permanent link to this post Posted by Trebor » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:28 am

srikamala99s wrote:... Whatever I say, it should be recorded and repeated again 3 times ...

A hardware solution ? ... https://youtu.be/Gd0NhglZWtw?t=29s
Trebor

Operating System: Windows Vista

Permanent link to this post Posted by srikamala99s » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:18 pm

My sincere thanks to both of you. I understood the "hardware" solution, but not a professional recorder. Whatever I am trying to do is just for my kids purpose:) but Thank you both again.
Regards,
Sri
srikamala99s

Operating System: Windows 10

Return to Windows