IUnable to maintain input volume

On Windows 10 when recording the input volume is fine for a few minutes, but then automatically moves back to the setting for no volume. When I move it back to an audible volume, it again records for a few minutes before moving back to no volume. I have tried it both ways with the sound activated off an on, but neither of those setting work. Is there some other setting that controls the input volume?

Windows is trying to “help” and you need to turn OFF all “enhancements”… See: [u]Why do my recordings fade out or sound as if they were made in a tunnel?[/u]

Audacity gets its sound from Windows, not the device or source. Windows applies voice processing, sometimes whether you want it or not. If you put anything other than voice in to the machine, the processing can act very oddly.

That complicated with other apps. Do you have Skype? Other Chat app?

Koz

Thank you for the suggestions. I tried to check on my PC for the suggestions, but I could not find all of the settings mentioned. I made the changes in the settings that I could find, and found that I did not have any enhancements checked. I also do not have other applications that were mentioned. I am still having the same problem.

I tried to do the recording on my Windows 7 computer and it worked. I could not get it to work on my Windows 10 computer.