Commentary skipping on Windows 8. NEED HELP!

Hi, I’ve been having a huge problem with Audacity lately. I used to be on Windows 8.1 and I record Let’s Play videos. I rarely had any skips on my Audacity commentary. I had to do a factory reset on my laptop for school and I got bumped back to Windows 8 as a result. So when I record, I get a lot more skips on my commentary now. I’ve been trying to fix this for weeks but I haven’t found a permanent solution yet. I never had to fiddle with the settings before and now I’m having to mess with them like mad just to prevent skipping. I record with a Hauppauge HD PVR and I’m using Audacity version 2.1.3. I would really appreciate some help!

I record with a Hauppauge HD PVR and I’m using Audacity version 2.1.3. I would really appreciate some help!

That’s not quite enough to imagine what you’re doing. Flesh that out a bit. You don’t mention a microphone, preamp or data connection anywhere. Does the sound go to the PVR? How does the video get there?

Nobody is shocked if you’re trying to run Audacity and a game on the same computer and have problems. That’s two programs struggling to use the same sound services at the same time. Never a good idea.

Koz

I also use a Logitech h800 as a microphone. The video and audio from the capture feed as well as the commentary goes to the same computer. I hook up my component cables to the Hauppauge and use the cables that came with the device to route the feed back to my laptop. I’ve been using this method for nearly 3 years and I rarely had any problems.

To clear this up even more, I hook my component cables from my PS3 to the Hauppauage. Then, I hook the cables that came with the Hauppauage to my TV then back to the device. So the fed goes back to my laptop.