No signal from Interface. Help!

Hi

I hope this isn’t a FAQ.

I can’t seem to get Audacity to recognize a signal from my interface. I’m using a Focus scarlett 212. Audacity recognizes the interface and I set it up so it is using it on input and output. It was working last week but now it doesn’t seem to be working. I can’t seem to get any signal from the interface. the interface works and records fine when I use Abelton so it’s not the interface that’s busted. I’ve been looking online but I can’t seem to get any info that can help me out. I’m using Windows 10. Everything seems to be up to date. and using Audacity 2.1.3.

Please help.

I set it up so it is using it on input and output.

44100, 16-bit, Stereo or 48000, 16-bit Stereo? I know you can get into trouble if you cross stereo/mono by accident.

What’s the job?

You covered all the contingencies and combinations except one. Do you have Windows set for Auto Update?

I think I would ignore some of those contradictory conditions and cold start Windows. Shift-Shutdown (not regular shutdown). Wait. And then Start. Make sure the 2i2 is plugged in and then start Audacity. Don’t let any other audio app start. No games, no Chat, no Skype, no other recorder and no other player.

Koz

You can also get into trouble with Virus Software. Was there a virus update between now and the last time it worked? Disconnect the network, shut down the virus software, restart Audacity and see if that doesn’t help.

Koz