Warning- Missing Audio Data Block File(s)

I downloaded G-snap to give an autotune effect to a recording. i decided to make a copy of the recording, so that if i didnt like it, i still have the original (i know, i can just backtrack). but when i made the copy, the file opened up with this warning, and the first 8 seconds of the recording COMPLETELY GONE!

1. is there anyway to get those 8 seconds back?
  2. or do i have to just record that part again?
  3. is it possible to record that 8 seconds, over the rest of the recorded file (in the same line), instead of in a line below ( i dont know if u understand what i mean)?
  4. can G-snap bring virus with it?
  5. does my audacity have to update? (i have 2.1.2)

Please use simple words and explanations. Im new to Audacity, and there are allot of terms and things i dont understand.
thanks

1. is it possible to record that 8 seconds, over the rest of the recorded file (in the same line), instead of in a line below ( i dont know if u understand what i mean)?

No, but it doesn’t matter. Record the new work and it will appear on a second timeline. Select the original by clicking just above MUTE. Use the Time Shift Tool (two sideways black arrows) and push the original file later (to the right) until the two match.

Unless you stop it with the SOLO and MUTE buttons, Audacity will try to play them both at once. File > Export and Audacity will smash them both together into one show.

Koz