can not open Audacity

Hello. When I try to open Audacity, the logo appears in the center of my computer screen but then nothing else happens. I searched for this on here, but it just came up with answers from Mac.
I have Windows 10. I uninstalled all old Audacity files I could find, and downloaded the newest .exe version for Windows. My computer installed Windows updates last week, and I’ve been having problems with other programs too. Adobe Flash is acting weird, and web connection is goofy (pages not responding). Not Sure if the problems are related. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thank you for your time.

Not Sure if the problems are related.

They’re totally related. There are pages and pages of complaints about Windows updates crashing apps.

Windows 10 is not an “upgrade.” it’s a new operating system, and your apps, drivers, software and hardware have to be Windows 10 compliant—and say so.

Try downloading and installing Audacity 2.1.3 again and this time when it asks you if you want to reset your settings and preferences, say yes. That’s much more of a clean start than just reinstalling.

And speaking of clean starts, Restarting Windows doesn’t clear Windows, either. To get a “clean” Windows, Shift-Shutdown, wait a bit and then start.

Koz

Thanks for the reply. I’ll try it when I get home.