Suggest using Pictures folder as default for screenshots

Windows 7 64-bit - Audacity 2.2.0-beta-Sep 1 2017 - .exe-installer

In the screenshot tool (Help>Tools>Screenshot tools…) is seems the saving folder defaults to something like:
C:\Users[username]

Perhaps it would be better to use the users image folder?
C:\Users[username]\Pictures

Og perhaps:
C:\Users[username]\Pictures\Audacity

The last one might cause some problems. Like maybe the user dont want folders to be created or maybe a folder with that name already exists or if the user deletes the folder etc.

C:\Users\Desktop?

Depending on how large your Audacity windows is, the screen capture will pop up on the desktop right in front of you.

I have had systems try and second guess where my files and folders are. It never goes well.

Koz

I dont know what you mean by C:\Users\Desktop?
I’m not talking about the placement of the screen capture dialog. Only the save path.

The Pictures folder is like a default folder for pictures in Windows 7.
In GNOME etc. it would be something like /usr/home/Pictures i think when using english.
The folder name depend on the language in use i think - https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xdg/xdg-user-dirs/tree/po
So i my language it would be something like /usr/home/Billeder

If i select Fil>Save other>Export as MP3 it seem Audacity creates a folder called Audacity in:
C:\Users[username]\Documents\Audacity

I would think creating the folder in the Music folder would make more sense since Audacity is about to export an audio files:
C:\Users[username]\Music\Audacity

Same when saving images use the Picture folder:
C:\Users[username]\Pictures\Audacity

I assume that you mean “C:\Users\username\Desktop”
Not cross-platform. Some Desktop environments (notably on Linux) hide Desktop icons by default.

I think “Pictures” would make sense (and there is a locale independent way to select it), though I usually prefer to save screenshots to the Desktop. It is only the default and is set to whatever you prefer after the first save.

I assume that you mean “C:\Users\username\Desktop”

Correct.

Some Desktop environments (notably on Linux) hide Desktop icons by default.

That would seem to not be useful. What’s the philosophy/metaphor? My physical desktop hides things, but it’s from advanced clutter, not because Ikea made it to hide things on purpose.

Koz