the Blue line is completely flat but I can still hear noises

When I am recording, I can still hear a lot of noises even though the blue line is completely flat and I the recording level and playback in the top right isn’t showing any noise being picked up.
I can hear my breathing (which is super annoying) and It picks up all the voices coming from discord too (although it’s very faint). I’ve tried using the noise gate plug-in, but it doesn’t have any sort of effect on it.

I have a an audio technica atr 2100 (dynamic mic) which is plugged into an audio interface via XLR. The audio interface is then plugged into my computer via USB 2.0 type B.

Here is the audio interface that I am using.

https://www.amazon.com/Focusrite-Scarlett-Audio-Interface-Tools/dp/B01E6T56EA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504417221&sr=8-1&keywords=scarlett+212

I’ve tried using the noise gate plug-in, but it doesn’t have any sort of effect on it.

Right. Because the noise is happening on the playback side, not the record side.

Try turning off Direct Monitor.

Koz

I can still hear a lot of noises even though the blue line is completely flat and I the recording level and playback

Make sure you’ve selected you USB device as your [u]Recording Device[/u]. (Windows may not show the exact name of the interface but it should say “USB…”)

Where would I turn this off at? Can’t seem to find it

It’s on the front of the 2i2. I assume that’s where your headphones are plugged in. That’s where they should be plugged in for overdubbing.

Koz