Error Importing aup file

Greetings, please, I need help. I am trying to open my .aup file and I can’t because I get an error message what says: “Error importing: xx.aup is an Audacity Project File. Use the File > Open command to open Audacity Projects” I really need to edit that file.

• Audacity is 2.1.2
  • I have xx_data and xx.aup, they are in the same folder
  • .aup file is not corrupted or blank (I checked on notepad)
  • I already used “File > Open” and it doesn’t work

I searched on the forums for help and I didn’t find a solution. Really, I need help for this. Thank you.

Are both the AUP file and _DATA folder in the original locations where they were made?

Having them the same name doesn’t count. They have to be the name they were made with.

Open up the AUP file again and look down until you see a listing: projname="
Third line, 2/3 to the right. I arranged this programming so it’s pretty. Yours won’t look spread out like this.

Is that the same name as your file and folder?

Koz

I opened again and now it’s blank. What’s happening?

What can I do for this don’t happen again?

What can I do for this don’t happen again?

If you have a mono (one blue wave) or stereo (two blue waves) track, Export it as a WAV (Microsoft) sound file. WAV files are stable, open up on all three major computers and hard to break.

I don’t know why your AUP file contents vanished. Virus Protection problems usually kill the whole file, name and all.

???

Koz

Hello,

I have the same problem as the member who asked the question.
Saved a file and when I try to open it now it shows ‘error importing’.
I worked a long time on this project and out of the blue this problem came on my path.

So I red your solution for it and you say:
“Open up the AUP file again and look down until you see a listing: projname=”
Third line, 2/3 to the right. I arranged this programming so it’s pretty. Yours won’t look spread out like this."

How do you mean open up the AUP file?
How do I get to the foto you show underneath your solution so I can check if the name is correct?

Would be awesome if you could help.
Greetings Wietplantaapje

The good news is, I found out how I was able to that.
The bad news is, the aup fille is empty and the other one only had zero’s :frowning:(((
There goes my 4 weeks of work:(
Thanks for the help anyway

peace, wietplantaapje