High pitched beeping sound when I try to record

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

• Please state which version of Windows you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

• Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
    The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

High pitched beeping sound when I try to record

Permanent link to this post Posted by daggerfan » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:10 pm

Hi There
I'm getting a high pitched beeping sound when I try to record with Audacity. This started happening when I reconnected my PC (Windows 7) to my turntable (Audio Technica ATLP1240USB) after a long period of having the computer completely disconnected from everything. None of the settings has been changed and it worked perfectly well before, so I can't think what has gone wrong. Can anyone help please?

Many thanks.
daggerfan

Operating System: Windows 7

Re: High pitched beeping sound when I try to record

Permanent link to this post Posted by DVDdoug » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:56 pm

Noise is analog so when you're connected via USB, any noise is coming from the turntable.

Is it a loud beep or a quiet background sound? Or, you can attach/upload a short sample for us?
DVDdoug
Forum Crew

Operating System: Windows 10

Permanent link to this post Posted by daggerfan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:46 pm

Hi There
Thanks for your reply, sorry It's taken so long to do this I've been away on holiday. I've attached a 30 second sample of the sound that I am getting, I think it maybe a setup issue that I'm having as it's occurring on two identical PC's that I have, both are running Windows 7.
Attachments
Noise Distortion.mp3
(480.04 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
daggerfan

Operating System: Windows 7

Permanent link to this post Posted by DVDdoug » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:03 pm

That almost sounds like feedback... Is your Recording Device the USB turntable or something else? (It may not show the model of your turntable, but it should say "USB...")
DVDdoug
Forum Crew

Operating System: Windows 10

Return to Windows