Playback Cue List

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

• Please state which version of Windows you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from Help > About Audacity and whether you obtained the .exe installer or the zip.

• Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
    The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Playback Cue List

Permanent link to this post Posted by AaronMichael » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:26 pm

Hello all,

I'm new to Audacity. Is there any way to set up playback of a number of different sections in a single audio file using a cue list. It is a feature in Cool Edit and very useful at times. I find no reference to setting up multiple selections and saving them with an audio file for playback. Thanks in advance for any help. Aaron WinXP
AaronMichael

Operating System: Windows XP

Re: Playback Cue List

Permanent link to this post Posted by DVDdoug » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:54 pm

and saving them with an audio file for playback
I don't think Audacity can make a cue sheet, and Audacity isn't supposed to be a "player" (although of course, you can listen to what you're recording/editing, etc.).

You can add labels if that helps.

Then for example, if you've digitized an LP or cassette you can label the songs and export each labeled section to a different song-file.
DVDdoug
Forum Crew

Operating System: Windows 10

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:12 pm

Audacity does not use cue lists, but it does have "labels" that can be used to mark regions.
Information about label tracks here: http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/label_tracks.html
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Permanent link to this post Posted by AaronMichael » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:07 pm

Thanks for the information. It did not occur to me to search for the term "labels." Cheerio, Aaron
AaronMichael

Operating System: Windows XP

Return to Windows