2.1.3 Will NOT Export Files

I downloaded an installed Audacity 2.1.3 (I’ve been using Audacity for more than 5 years). I’ve tried to export new files and existing WAV files that I have edited and THEY ARE NOT SAVED. Exported new files NEVER appear in the specified “Save In” directory. Exported edited existing files, while the “Replace?” dialog appears (to which I answer “Yes”), the original files do NOT get overwritten with the new content. I need a solution quickly. I have a deadline to meet. Thanks.

Try exporting your work to your desktop. Don’t let either Audacity or Windows try to use default locations.

Will it let you Save Projects? Do that just to get a show saved until we resolve this. Do that to the desktop. That will give you an AUP file and a _DATA folder. They’re a matched set. DO Not Move either one or change any of the names.

Do a clean Windows restart. Shift-Shutdown, let it go all the way down, make tea then start it up. This will take quite a bit longer than the regular restart. It’s resetting a number of extra things.

Let us know.

Koz

Exported edited existing files, while the “Replace?” dialog appears (to which I answer “Yes”), the original files do NOT get overwritten with the new content. I need a solution quickly. I have a deadline to meet.

Have you tried a different folder or a new file name so you’re not overwriting the files?

We haven’t had problems with this in a while, but have you put punctuation marks in your filenames and have you tried to put leading zeros in the name? Only -dash- and underscore are unconditionally acceptable. Some machines accept other marks, but those can go anywhere. Type the filename carefully again by hand to make sure there isn’t a blank hiding there. Leading blanks will cause all sorts of problems.

Koz