Further manipulation of spectrum analysis?

Win10, Audacity 2.1.3

New user, using Audacity to do a Trevor Gore-type analysis on an acoustic guitar.

It looks like I’m getting useful information recording multiple taps on the guitar body and then using the Analyze>Plot Spectrum tool. The problem is that I’m getting too much information in the very high and very low frequencies. I’d love to be able to focus on the 50Hz - 1000Hz range, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to do that in the Frequency Analysis window. Changing the frequency range in Preferences doesn’t seem to do anything. Using the two sliders in the Frequency Analysis window is not useful.

Being able to select a section of the graph would be really helpful functionality!

Does anyone export the text file data to another program for analysis? What do you use? Excel jumps to mind, but I was hoping someone had a better alternative.

Thanks!

Plot Spectrum uses FFT analysis, which is an “all or nothing” kind of thing, in that the analysis will always be from DC (0 Hz) to half the sample rate (the Nyquist frequency).
I agree that it would be useful to be able to zoom in on the data.
When I need to do that sort of thing, I use GnuPlot http://www.gnuplot.info/

Thanks, Steve, for the response! I’ll check out gnuplot.

Those are spectrogram view settings , which is different from plot spectrum

Audacity spectrogram-view settings.