Sound Activated Recording

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

• Please state which version of Windows you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from Help > About Audacity and whether you obtained the .exe installer or the zip.

• Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
    The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Sound Activated Recording

Permanent link to this post Posted by peteb1414 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:06 pm

Is there anyway to setup Sound Activated Recording to save the file when silence is detected, and start a new file?

basically I want a file named "recording start date time - stop date time"

My use case is in a security patrol car I have a police scanner playing and occasionally I hear an event but miss an address and would like to be able to play back what was recorded.
peteb1414

Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Sound Activated Recording

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:13 pm

peteb1414 wrote:Is there anyway to setup Sound Activated Recording to save the file when silence is detected, and start a new file?

No there isn't.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Senior Forum Staff

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Re: Sound Activated Recording

Permanent link to this post Posted by peteb1414 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:23 pm

Thanks for the quick reply!

How about this, can it record 1 minute of audio, save it to a file, then record another minute of audio? .. maybe with scripting or batch files.

If I can have the last hour broken down into 1 minute increments I wouldn't need sound detection..
peteb1414

Operating System: Windows 7

Return to Windows