Is there any way to "glue" a label to a segment?

I do a lot of longform interviews on a range of subjects, and often we loop back around to an earlier topic late in the interview. I’d LOVE to be able to label things in that interview, edit for a while, then cut/paste segments from later in the interview back into the relevant earlier sections.

Say the subject talks about A, B, C, D, then a again, then D some more, then b again, then E, then F, then a bit more of a, etc.

The most sensible workflow is to label everything, so I wind up with a track that looks like…

ABCDaDbEFa

and then, once I’ve gotten rid of all the extraneous cruft, long silences, etc., edit…

AaaBbCDEF

But I can’t, because even if I label “a” and “b” and “a” later in the track, as soon as I make another pass to edit the earlier segment, the labels are entirely out of line. They don’t “attach” to the waveforms I’ve labeled. They’re just these not very useful floating points in a separate track.

Is there any way to “glue” a label to a segment, so if I edit earlier in the waveform, the label will shift to follow the part of the waveform it’s “attached” to?

Don’t forget that Audacity is a multi-track audio editor.
It may be better to approach the task as:

Track 1: Aaaa
Track 2: …Bbbb
Track 3: …Cccc

When the project is exported, the tracks are mixed down into one file, so that would produce: AaaaBbbbCccc