Music Transfer

A time ago I able to copy my cd’s from my external player to my computer. I did this by running a cable from the player to the line in on my computer. Now there is no sound going to the computer. I know this probably not the place for this question, but someone may be able to give me some help.

I have Windows 8.1 not sure what else might be needed.
Thanks

See import CDs then set the playback device in Audacity’s Device Toolbar to the computer playback device you want to use.

Gale

I did this by running a cable from the player to the line in on my computer.

Yeah… There’s no need to do that… Since CDs are digital, there’s no need to go from digital-to-analog-to digital. But, you do need software (not Audacity) to extract and convert or “repackage” the digital audio data on an audio CD as a regular “computer file”.

If you just want to make MP3s (or WAV or FLAC files) you don’t need Audacity. You only need Audacity if you want to edit the files, or if you want “process” the audio (boost the bass or something like that.).

If you want to digitize cassettes or vinyl records, then you’ll need make an analog connection and you can record/digitize with Audacity.

thanks all appreciated