Monitor voice recording with earphones

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

• Please state which version of Windows you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from Help > About Audacity and whether you obtained the .exe installer or the zip.

• Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
    The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Monitor voice recording with earphones

Permanent link to this post Posted by scottgallowaysmith » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:42 pm

Greetings!
I had been using garage band but no longer have access.
I want to use Audacity but there is a slight delay of my voice in the earphones.
What may I do the solve this issue.
Thanks,
Scott
scottgallowaysmith

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Monitor voice recording with earphones

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:57 pm

You lost your Mac and now you're using a Windows machine.

You're listening to machine latency. Your voice is coming out "one computer late." The only way I know to work around that is plug your headphones into your USB microphone or USB microphone adapter.

If you're keen on computer programming and compiling programs, you can recompile Audacity with ASIO support. ASIO can provide greatly reduced echo when you listen in your computer headphones. Unfortunately, Audacity cannot be supplied with ASIO built-it because it's somebody elses software. Same reason we can't supply Audacity with MP3 generation built-in.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13990

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:16 am

I deleted your email address. It's a terrible idea to post a hot email address on the forum because of grazers, harvesters and spammers. It's a good way to wipe out your address.

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Permanent link to this post Posted by scottgallowaysmith » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:34 pm

Plugging my headphones into the mike solves the delay but I can not get enough volume
in my headphones! It there a setting on the software. I have tried all I can think of.
scottgallowaysmith

Operating System: Windows 10

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:01 am

It there a setting on the software.

The whole idea of plugging your headphones into the microphone or interface is that the sound doesn't go through the software. Zero Latency Monitoring. There are no settings to cause delay and echos.

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Permanent link to this post Posted by Trebor » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:39 am

scottgallowaysmith wrote:... but I can not get enough volume in my headphones! ...

There is a hardware fix : a headphone amplifier , or a cheap mixer.
Trebor

Operating System: Windows Vista

Return to Windows