Recording from Internet

Hi!
I’m a newcomer in this forum and I began to use Audiocity some time ago. I use the Audacity version 2.1.3. and Windows 7 64 bit. In my computer I have SoundMax audio with the newest drivers.
I succeeded in recording from my tape recorder by using SoundMAx line in. However when I tried to record from Internet via Sound Max StereoMix the Audiocity gives a message:

“Error opening sound device. Try changing the audio host, recording device and the project sample rate”. So the recording was impossible.

I went thru every option in Recording Device Option menu but nothing helped.
The Audicity plays back my old audiofiles just fine but the recording causes problems.

What do I do wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Try using the “WASAPI loopback” method as described in the manual: http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/tutorial_recording_computer_playback_on_windows.html

Hi
I tried this method. Only way the get Audacity to record Internet stream is use “Windows WASAPI” and select Speakers - loopback. However I can’t adjust the recording level in Audacity and the recording level is way too low even if I have adjusted the sound level from Internet source to maximum.
Any ideas?

By the way, I used to use Adobe Audition 3 for many years successfully in this same PC. It worked fine until it began to act just like Audacity acts now. Maybe my sound card is somehow broken?

WASAPI looback is fixed level, as the Manual says. Effect > Amplify… after recording.

If you have not already done so, go to the web site of the computer manufacturer such as Dell or Leonovo, locate your computer model, choose Windows 7 64-bit then download and install the SoundMax audio driver.

There are other reasons you may get the error such as mismatched sample rates. See FAQ:Errors - Audacity Manual. MME host in Audacity’s Device Toolbar is the most likely to work.

Gale