audio clip

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

• Please state which version of Windows you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from Help > About Audacity and whether you obtained the .exe installer or the zip.

• Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at http://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
    The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

audio clip

Permanent link to this post Posted by vagurl » Fri May 19, 2017 10:23 pm

I have an audio clip that I am trying to get the noise out of so I can hear the voices better. I was wondering if anyone could help.
vagurl

Operating System: Windows 7

Re: audio clip

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Sat May 20, 2017 12:50 am

Removing very low and very high frequencies with the "Telephone" or "Walkie Talkie" presets in the Equalization effect can sometimes help a little, but generally, if the recording quality is so bad that you can't hear what is being said, then it's a lost cause.

Please note also that we do not encourage or endorse "covert" recordings that could breach privacy laws in some countries, so please don't ask us to help with that type of task.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Senior Forum Staff

Operating System: Linux Debian

Return to Windows