Audio Track area of Audacity has "stretched out" [SOLVED]

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

• Please state which version of Windows you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from Help > About Audacity and whether you obtained the .exe installer or the zip.

• Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
    The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Audio Track area of Audacity has "stretched out" [SOLVED]

Permanent link to this post Posted by HarryD51 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:55 pm

I am using Windows 10 with Audacity 2.1.3. I have been using it for a couple of months to digitize my record collection.

Everything was working fine until yesterday. All of a sudden the Audio Track portion of the program seems to have stretched out. As a result, the track moves too fast during recording or playback to be able to stop it at a specific point (to mark the beginning of tracks or delete certain areas). While I can still import my records, it is virtually impossible to export them to MP3 files. I believe previously the area showing the audio track was timed in minutes and seconds. Now it shows the seconds down to three decimal points (2:35.070).

I assume I somehow changed a setting inadvertently, but I cannot find the setting now. Can anyone explain how to fix this?

Thanks for any help.

Harry
Last edited by Gale Andrews on Fri May 19, 2017 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: removed email address to protect user's privacy
HarryD51

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Audio Track area of Audacity has "stretched out"

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Thu May 18, 2017 1:02 pm

You can adjust the amount of "time" shown within the track window by using the Zoom tools.
There's many options for zooming in and out (I like to use Ctrl + mouse wheel), so see here for details: http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/zooming.html

(It's a bad idea to post your email address on public forums as spammers search forums for victims).
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Re: Audio Track area of Audacity has "stretched out"[SOLVED]

Permanent link to this post Posted by HarryD51 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:05 pm

Well, that was easy. <g> It worked perfectly.

Thanks for the quick response, Steve. And for removing my email address from the post.

Harry
HarryD51

Operating System: Windows 10

Return to Windows