Horrible Noise Um2

Hi, I’m using audacity with my new Behringer U-PHORIA UM2 and all i get is a horrible noise or interference but only when I record audio, when I use monitor (connecting headphones) the noise does not exist that can it be? :frowning:

I attached the audio thanks in advance

What is the microphone and how long is the microphone cable? Is it one single XLR cable like this?

What’s the computer? What’s the three-digit Audacity version number?

Do you have an older glass computer monitor?

(connecting headphones) the noise does not exist

Connecting headphones where? The computer or the UM2?

Koz

Hello! yes the microphone connected to the UM2 and even if the XLR cable is not connected to the usb mixer i get that horrible noise what about the usb cable?

what about the usb cable?

Can you answer the rest of the questions? Ignoring the system can lead to long chases down blind alleys.

Koz

The cable is 3 meters long and yeah is like the picture when i use it direct connected to the headset the noise is gone but when i record the noise is sill there :neutral_face:

Audacity 2.1.2

My UM2 came with a custom 1.8M USB cable. It had a heavy, black ferrite choke clamped near the USB-B end.
Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 8.48.05.png
What’s the possibility of using that cable and see how it works? You should not need to extend the USB cable. An XLR microphone cable can be extended for long distances without any ill effects.

Koz

You should probably upgrade to Audacity 2.1.3.

http://www.audacityteam.org/download/windows/

Koz