Problem with transport between tracks

I have trouble moving recordings between tracks. In previous versions of Audacity, I could grab and drag the path to another location without obstacles, in which often I first have to move the cube horizontally and then to another path, otherwise when the mouse is released, the cube returns to the original place.

Thank you. Please always start by looking at Help > About Audacity… and telling us what version of Audacity you have (see the pink panel at the top of the page).

I don’t know what the cube is, but in Audacity 2.1.3 Audacity ® | Download for Windows there are a couple of bugs summarised thus:

• 'You may not be able to drag a clip or complete track into another track if the clip’s starting position overlaps a clip in the target track. As a Workaround: release the mouse when the horizontal drag is complete, then drag vertically.
  • If the clips or tracks are stereo, dragging horizontally then vertically without mouse release will work if you drag from the lower channel when dragging upwards, or from the upper channel when dragging downwards.

I hope that helps.

Gale

(Sorry for my english) :slight_smile:
Yes, exactly this version and this problem. I know what to do to handle it around, but hopefully soon in the next update the problem will be resolved …