Can no move multiple tracks at same time

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

• Please state which version of Windows you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from Help > About Audacity and whether you obtained the .exe installer or the zip.

• Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at http://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
    The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Can no move multiple tracks at same time

Permanent link to this post Posted by nikkigee » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:08 pm

Good Evening,

I am using Audacity 2.01.2 and using Windows 10. I have tried numerous times to move multiple tracks along the timeline at the same time, (If I need to add new tracks at the beginning of a mix) and it just wont work. I have read turorials that say select all of the tracks that you want to move by selecting all, and using the timeshift tool to move them, even though they are all greyed out and selected, only 2 will ever move. I have tried to click on them individually and tab down and select, still, only 2 will move.

This is a new pc, and on my other one I had an older version of audacity, using windows 7, and that only ever moved 2 as well. I am extremely pc literate, but this has me stumped, especially as it done it on 2 different pc's with 2 different windows on it. Maybe Im doing something silly, but I dont think so..loll :D

Thank you in advance
Nikki
nikkigee

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Can no move multiple tracks at same time

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:35 pm

nikkigee wrote:Audacity 2.01.2

That's not a genuine Audacity version number.
The current version of Audacity is 2.1.3, which is available here: http://www.audacityteam.org/download/

If you "select all" (Ctrl + A) and then drag with the Time Shift tool, then all of the tracks 'should' move.
Have a go with the current version of Audacity, and if it still does not work for you then we will try to work out why.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Senior Forum Staff

Operating System: Linux Debian

Return to Windows