Latency Error Correction

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

• Please state which version of Windows you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from Help > About Audacity and whether you obtained the .exe installer or the zip.

• Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
    The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Latency Error Correction

Permanent link to this post Posted by S Doug Peren » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:33 pm

Im using Audacity version win 2.1.0.exe with Windows 7. I can't record because the Latency Error Correction prevents me from doing so. I was able to correct the problem by reloading Audacity, but now any version I try has the latency problem. What can I do?
S Doug Peren

Operating System: Please select

Re: Latency Error Correction

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:55 pm

Which latency problem? You can't listen to the computer while you record. Machine latency will just kill you with delay and echo. It is recommended you listen to the microphone or interface device.

Overdubbing latency, the ability to record several different instruments one on top of the other is easily correctable with the overdubbing latency adjustment process.

http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/tuto ... rdubs.html

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:01 pm

S Doug Peren wrote:Im using Audacity version win 2.1.0.exe with Windows 7. I can't record because the Latency Error Correction prevents me from doing so. I was able to correct the problem by reloading Audacity, but now any version I try has the latency problem. What can I do?

Exactly what are you recording, using what recording device (make and model number), and how does that recording device connect to the computer?

Is your recording stalling so that the red recording cursor does not move? If yes and if the recording device connects by a USB cable, reboot the computer.

If that is not the problem, Edit > Preferences..., Recording section and increase "Audio to buffer".

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Operating System: Windows 10

Permanent link to this post Posted by S Doug Peren » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:37 pm

I found the answer in the Manual at Subject Index > Latency Test
S Doug Peren

Operating System: Please select

Return to Windows