Hissing noise in PSB-7 Spirit Box Audio

Hello I’m trying to figure out how to remove the Hissing noise on my PSB-7 Spirit Box recording audio. I use noise removal to remove all of the White noise but seem to can’t get rid of the hissing noise. Can someone please help? Would appreciate it.

Your question does not appear to make sense. White noise sounds like hissing.

This is the same question as before about recording/isolating non-existent spirit voices: https://www.amazon.co.uk/P-SB7-Spirit-Box-Research-Device/dp/B00545JSNG.

As suggested before, you will need to post a few seconds of raw, unchanged recording as a WAV or AIFF file if you want help, so we can understand the problem better. Please see here for how to attach files: https://forum.audacityteam.org/t/how-to-attach-files-to-forum-posts/24026/1

Gale

Ok I uploaded a 55 sec Audio file from my PSB-7 Spirit Box. I did Noise Removal 3 Times. I sent a picture of my settings. There is still Hissing here and there. I cant figure out how to remove the hissing noises. How ever after the noise reduction has been done 3 times Listen closely at 44 seconds. Theres a voice that says Melissa. I don’t know if the hissing noise is covering up responses or not. I just would like to know how to remove the hissing noise. For those who would like to help use the settings I got for Noise Removal 3 times. Any help on getting rid of the hissing noises would be appreciated.
IMG_0246.JPG

To apply Noise Reduction multiple times, you need to make a new “noise profile” for each pass.

I can hear a voice-like sound, but to me it sounds like it’s saying “where ya vest today

Noise-reduction will generate processing-artifacts, some of which can sound like speech.

The sample that caseyparnell posted is prior to noise reduction, and there is clearly a voice-like sound around 44 seconds. My best guess of where that voice-like sound comes from is that it is a fleeting snippet of a radio broadcast.

Any idea in how to remove the Hissing noise though?

You have Sensitivity at almost zero. Zero turns the Noise Reduction effect off, so you have almost turned the effect off. You should increase Sensitivity at least a little.

See Noise Reduction - Audacity Manual.

Gale

I’ll give that a shot. Thank you.

Audacity can make that less choppy, if you truncate the silence
suggested 'truncate silence' settings.png
But any “hidden messages” revealed by combining the chopped-up audio are auditory pareidolia, (not ghosties).