Help with simple project, inserting voice clips

I am a supervisor in a call center and am trying to help some my agents learn by creating sending them audio files of their calls with my own voice clips inserted. I need to be able to stop the agents’ recording, insert a clip of myself talking, then resume the agents’ call recording and so forth. Thus far I can only figure out how to record my voice over the agents’ call recording, but not insert clips. Can anyone please assist with this project or suggest a good resource to look at?

I need to be able to stop the agents’ recording, insert a clip of myself talking, then resume the agents’ call recording and so forth.

Let me change the words a bit. Record the agent, play an existing clip of your voice, and then resume recording the agent. Is the playback always the same clip? I’m guessing no.

No, unless one of the other elves can think of a way. Audacity is designed as a post-production editor. Collect all the voices and assemble them into a show next week.

I did something like this once with a sound mixer. Audacity on the computer recorded everything from the mixer. The mixer combined the agent sound with iTunes or other playback program also on the computer. Record and Play are separate on most computers. Listen to the agent and then at the right time, play a prepared sound clip. At the end of the clip, it stops by itself and the agent picks up the narration again. You choose which clip is going to be next. You can make an iTunes playlist of all the responses and just play them one at a time.

Play back the Audacity recording and it will contain the whole show with both sides of the conversation and if you do it right, it should sound reasonably natural.

Maybe you can do all that in the computer with a program such as VoiceMeeter Banana.

http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/banana.htm

Koz

You can split the recording of the agents into shorter clips, then move them apart using the time-shift tool,
inserting your voice, on another track, into the silent gaps created …
Demo of split then time-shift tool#.gif