Audacity 2.1.3 - Problem with Open/Save dialog

Dear comrades!

Please help with error in Windows 10! The version of Audacity is 2.1.3!
When I click “Open” or “Save” there is NO DIALOG WINDOW appears!

Go back to http://www.audacityteam.org/download/windows and reinstall 2.1.3. Enable the box “Reset Preferences” half way through the installer. When you launch Audacity, say yes when it asks you to confirm the preferences reset.

If that does not help then probably a security or anti-virus application is interfering with Audacity. If you trust Audacity, identify the application concerned and add an exception to it for Audacity so that it does not monitor or control what Audacity does.

Conversely if you don’t have a good anti-virus setup or have not done a deep anti-virus check lately, it could be a virus that is the cause of the problem.

Gale

I tried that, no way… But in other products the “Open/Save” dialog appears!

Exactly what did you try - Reset Preferences? You have to try everything I wrote. If you have a security application that has decided to monitor or distrust Audacity but not other applications, then other applications won’t be affected, but you will have to remove the Audacity monitoring or add Audacity to the security application’s trusted list.

Gale

I tried to reset settings and added Audacity to the Windows Defender White List. No way. The version is incompatible with Windows 10. The build is 7877 (Insider).

I don’t believe Windows Defender is responsible.

Well, certainly Audacity does not claim to support unreleased versions of Windows. The current released version of Windows 10 is Creators Update Version 1703. There are no reports of problems in that version with Audacity’s open/save dialogues.

You could perhaps report the problem to Microsoft but I think it is more likely a virus or an extra security application you installed. Scan with a different anti-virus application for a second opinion. Do the deepest possible scan.

Gale

hello,

I just tried the suggestion of Gale and it worked. I reinstalled Audacity and said yes when asked to keep the preferences, and Yes I could open a file work in it and export it.
Thank you so much

tbennekik

What version of Windows 10 are you using? To check, press the Windows key, type “winver” (without quotes) then hit ENTER on your computer keyboard.

Gale