'Blurring' a Juddery Waveform

Hello, everyone.

I have had a quick look round the net to see if I can find anything on this, but I’m an absolute novice where sound editing is concerned and I’m not entirely sure how to search properly, because I’m not really all that sure what I’m looking for.

I’m editing a vocal track - basically just doing some trimming to get rid of coughs, a bit of levelling, basic stuff. The track wasn’t recorded on the greatest mic or in the best environment, so I realise I’m not going to get studio quality, but after noise removal and a little compression I’m finding the result still a bit tinny. I know this is a bit of a trade-off with noise removal, but while looking over the spectrogram I’ve also found an odd artifact that looks like a sort of ‘judder’ on the voice; an effect I’ve not seen before.

Hopefully there’ll be an image here so you can see what I mean:
aud-wave-judder.JPG
I’m sorry, I forgot to include the time scale - the section in the image is about half a second. Just glancing at this, can anyone tell me whether A) this ‘judder’ effect is likely to be contributing significantly to the quality issues, and B) if so, whether Audacity or any other tool (ideally free because I’m cheap) has any function to smooth it out, or blur it to reduce the effect?

Sorry if it’s a stupid question, and thanks for reading.

Could you post a short audio sample (just a few seconds), in WAV format (see: https://forum.audacityteam.org/t/how-to-post-an-audio-sample/29851/1)