Unable to install GSNAP plugin.

I’ve spent hours on this. I have Audacity 2.1.3 on a 64-bit PC running Windows 10. I go to the VST website and download their zip-folder, unzip it and move the .dll file to the plugins folder for Audacity. I open up Audacity and go to Add/Remove Plugins… and find gsnap. It’s status shows “New”. I click Enable-> OK. and then restart Audacity but it still isn’t listed under Effects. When I go back to Add/Remove Plugins… and find gsnap it’s status is back to “New”. What am I doing wrong? Please help!

You’ve probably got the 64-bit version of GSnap, but Audacity is a 32-bit application so you need to use the 32-bit version of GSnap.

Gsnap is not any more wworking on audiocity.

Has GSnap ever worked on your computer?

There is no need to use GSnap - its MIDI tuning features don’t work in Audacity in any case.

Try http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?plugin=Autotalent&id=842. There is no 64-bit version so it is impossible to download the wrong version as long as you download the version for Windows.

You can also try this. Exit Audacity, delete the file Users<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Audacity\pluginregistry.cfg, launch Audacity then enable GSnap again. If you don’t see that pluginregistry.cfg file, type

%appdata%\audacity

or

shell:appdata\audacity

into the File Explorer address bar then press ENTER on your computer keyboard.

Gale