Audacity Project Not Exporting as MP3

I have an 25-minute four-track Audacity project using voice and music mixed together. I have LAME 3.99.3 installed via the Windows installation. Using Windows 7 and Audacity 2.1.2 installed from the installer.

Simply, I cannot export the project as an .mp3 file or a .wav file for that matter. The export box comes up normally, and when I do save as an .mp3 file, I get a file which is 7,373 KB in length, which seems about right. But it only exports one of the tracks, the music track. All tracks are on solo, and when I play the project in Audacity, I can hear everything.

Why isn’t this exporting the whole project?

Thank you,

Neal Lavon
Takoma Park, MD

To follow up on my earlier post about not being able to export an Audacity project as an .mp3, I tried exporting my voice track using selected audio. The dialog box tells me that the track is muted. I have the solo clicked and I can hear the track. What gives?

Neal Lavon
Takoma Park, MD

I merged your two topics into one. Solo takes priority over Mute even if Mute is down, but any tracks where you have the Mute button down are not exported.

So just release all the Mute buttons.

Gale

http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/tracks_preferences.html#behaviors from the 2.1.3 Manual (scroll down) describes the behaviour of the different Solo button options. The “Standard” option you are using in 2.1.2 is called “Multi-Track” in 2.1.3.

Gale

Well, what do you know?

It worked.

Boy, do I feel stupid.

Thanks for the tip.

Neal Lavon
Takoma Park, MD

The behaviour isn’t completely intuitive if you don’t know what to expect, even though muted tracks not exporting is a useful feature. Sometime we might rework this. It has certainly been talked about.

Gale