Audacity 2.1.3 replaces all previous versions.
- Audacity 2.1.3 now properly supports Windows 10 (thanks to an upgrade of the PortAudio library) and on macOS has some previously missing support for Magic Mouse/Trackpad (thanks to Paul Licameli).
- Audacity has only partial support for macOS Sierra. On a subset of Sierra machines it is possible that plugins and libraries may become unavailable, and that Audacity might not launch if someone other than the user who installs Audacity uses it. These problems also affect Audacity 2.1.2, though should be much less prevalent in 2.1.3.
- 2.1.3 is also the last version of Audacity that will officially support Windows XP.
- New Distortion effect, Rhythm Track (was called Click Track) and Sample Data Import (thanks to Steve Daulton).
- New scrub ruler and ‘pinned’ option so the waveform moves and the recording/playing head stays still. (Paul)
- New features in Timer Record (Mark Young & Steve)
- On Mac, audacity.app is now added to /Applications/ directly rather than adding a folder there.
- Effects are no longer grayed-out when paused - clicking the effect will stop playback.
- 64 bugs/annoyances in 2.1.2 fixed of which 15 were long-standing issues. Also lots done (Paul again) to systematically deal with memory leaks.
Fuller details on the new features can be found at http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/new_features_in_this_release.html and a summary of all the changes since 2.1.2 can be found at http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Release_Notes_2.1.3.
Follow all the Audacity news on Facebook, Twitter or Google+.