Audacit DAW

Hi

Apologies if this has been asked before, I am new here so please be a little gentle.

I have set up my Audacity DAW on my Windows 10 and found it to be easy and straight forward.

I could record drum machine, guitar etc without any problems,

however, this morning I get nothing.

I can record through the microphone but the 'Sound Mapper isn’t recording.

I can hear myself playback through the headphones from my Behinger interface unit but nothing but hiss on the recording.

the audio bar is set to: MME, Music Mapper input, Stereo and then Music Mapper output.

I’ve tried different combinations of the microphone, usb Codec etc but I can only get the microphone.

I’m not that technically minded so baby steps advice please.

Thank you in advance.

Bailey

Audacity is not a DAW. We strongly recommend you only download Audacity from http://www.audacityteam.org/download/windows.

“Sound Mapper - Input” is whatever the default Windows recording device is at the time, and “Sound Mapper - Output” is whatever the default Windows playback device is at the time. If you see “Music Mapper” then you have a hacked version of Audacity and we can’t help you with that version.

We recommend you to explicitly choose the Behringer USB Audio Codec as the recording device in Audacity’s Device Toolbar. If you don’t see that USB Audio CODEC, choose Transport > Rescan Audio Devices at the top of Audacity. You may need to do this because Audacity does not automatically detect external devices that you connect after Audacity is already running.

Gale