Audacity buttons mess up.

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

• Please state which version of Windows you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

• Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
    The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Re: Audacity buttons mess up.

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:47 pm

waxcylinder wrote:
Trebor wrote:Reset toolbars fixes it.

Yes it does - but it restores to default settings.

What I would love to see would be a handy way of storing my customized layout and restoring it by means of Audacity commands. (I achieve this right now by saving and restoring an audacity.cfg file with my custom settings.)

If you have a suggestion how to do that could you post to the Adding Features board? Perhaps there could be user presets for toolbar layout?

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Operating System: Windows 10

Permanent link to this post Posted by waxcylinder » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:52 pm

Gale Andrews wrote:
waxcylinder wrote:
Trebor wrote:Reset toolbars fixes it.

Yes it does - but it restores to default settings.

What I would love to see would be a handy way of storing my customized layout and restoring it by means of Audacity commands. (I achieve this right now by saving and restoring an audacity.cfg file with my custom settings.)

If you have a suggestion how to do that could you post to the Adding Features board? Perhaps there could be user presets for toolbar layout?

I don't yet, but I can work on it.

Of course my audacity.cfg reset restores not just Toolbar layout but also my Prefences settings amd preferred time format - so would a suggestion for a fuller save/restore be better than one just limited to Toolbar layout?

UPDATE See this new FR thread: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=94875&p=322223#p322223

Peter
* * * * * FAQ * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Audacity Manual * * * * * Audacity Wiki * * * * *
waxcylinder
Forum Staff

Permanent link to this post Posted by SabbathFan » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:50 am

Gale Andrews wrote:
SabbathFan wrote:This is the problem I was talking about. Apologies for the very late reply.

You still have not said what version of Audacity you are using (see the pink panel at the top of the page). ;)

Perhaps this happens if you resize the window smaller then maximise it, instead of resizing it larger. I think this is known about. Doesn't View > Toolbars > Reset Toolbars fix it?

By the way you don't have any recording devices enabled in Windows so you won't be able to record.

Gale

SabbathFan

Permanent link to this post Posted by SabbathFan » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:36 am

I hope the toolbar glitch is fixed for the next Audacity update.
SabbathFan

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:47 am

SabbathFan wrote:I hope the toolbar glitch is fixed for the next Audacity update.

It isn't fixed. The workaround is
Select "View > Toolbars > Reset Toolbars" then manually rearrange the toolbars the way that you want them.

Or it looks like 2.1.1 does not have the problem, so you could go back to that: http://gaclrecords.org.uk/legacy/.

Gale
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Permanent link to this post Posted by SabbathFan » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:42 am

Gale Andrews wrote:
SabbathFan wrote:I hope the toolbar glitch is fixed for the next Audacity update.

It isn't fixed. The workaround is
Select "View > Toolbars > Reset Toolbars" then manually rearrange the toolbars the way that you want them.

Or it looks like 2.1.1 does not have the problem, so you could go back to that: http://gaclrecords.org.uk/legacy/.

Gale

I didn't have this with previous Audacity versions. If either Audacity 2.1.3 or 2.2 becomes reality, I hope to see that fixed.
SabbathFan

Permanent link to this post Posted by waxcylinder » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:03 am

SabbathFan wrote:I didn't have this with previous Audacity versions. If either Audacity 2.1.3 or 2.2 becomes reality, I hope to see that fixed.

2.1.3 was recently released on 17th March. See this sticky Forum post: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=95279

I don't think that bug has been fixed or even looked at - because of the moonphase nature it's hard to track down.

WC
* * * * * FAQ * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Audacity Manual * * * * * Audacity Wiki * * * * *
waxcylinder
Forum Staff

Permanent link to this post Posted by SabbathFan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:49 am

waxcylinder wrote:
SabbathFan wrote:I didn't have this with previous Audacity versions. If either Audacity 2.1.3 or 2.2 becomes reality, I hope to see that fixed.

2.1.3 was recently released on 17th March. See this sticky Forum post: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=95279

I don't think that bug has been fixed or even looked at - because of the moonphase nature it's hard to track down.

WC

Hopefully we can get this toolbar problem fixed by the next version.
SabbathFan

Permanent link to this post Posted by waxcylinder » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:42 am

SabbathFan wrote:
waxcylinder wrote:

WC

Hopefully we can get this toolbar problem fixed by the next version.

I think it is fixed for the next release 2.2.0 - I tested the fix the other day (on Windows and MAc) and I no longer had this problem.

See: http://bugzilla.audacityteam.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1532

WC
waxcylinder
Forum Staff

Permanent link to this post Posted by sssrrr » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:21 pm

waxcylinder wrote:I don't think that bug has been fixed or even looked at - because of the moonphase nature it's hard to track down.

Hi, I'm experiencing this bug since at least 2.1.3, and I think I found a way to reproduce it.
It occurs to me when I try to record audio coming from another program, but only following one of these procedures:

Open Audacity in fullscreen
    Press rec button
    Minimize Audacity
    Start playing audio in another program in fullscreen
    Keep the focus on the program for at least 5 seconds
    Open Audacity
Or
    Start playing audio in another program in fullscreen
    Minimize program
    Open Audacity in fullscreen
    Press rec button
    Minimize Audacity
    Open program
    Keep the focus on the program for at least 5 seconds
    Open Audacity

My version of Audacity is 2.2.0 (although it happened in other recent versions too), OS is Win10 on Asus with Realtek soundcard.
Hope this helps, if I'm in the wrong thread or something I apologize, I'm new here.
sssrrr

PreviousNext

Return to Windows