Audacity software will not work with Digitech Audio model G

Help for Audacity 2.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x on Windows.

• Please state which version of Windows you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from Help > About Audacity and whether you obtained the .exe installer or the zip.

• Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade here. The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Audacity software will not work with Digitech Audio model G

Permanent link to this post Posted by coggie » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:48 am

I have Windows 7 on a 64 bit operating system. Installed Audacity 2.0.3 plus the Lame plug-in. Supposed to work with Digitech Audio USB cassette player Model No. 4140. No way can I get it to work. The cassette player works OK with Roxio NXT. Won't work with Audacity. Can anybody help as I like the look of the Audacity interface better than the Roxio.
coggie

Re: Audacity software will not work with Digitech Audio mode

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:44 am

Ensure that the Digitech Audio USB cassette player is connected to the computer before you open Audacity (close and restart Audacity if necessary).
Ensure that the USB cassette player is selected as the recording input in the device toolbar. Your usual sound card should be selected as the playback output device.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Senior Forum Staff

Return to Windows