side by side configuration issues error 14001

Help for Audacity 2.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x on Windows.

Please state which version of Windows you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from Help > About Audacity and whether you obtained the .exe installer or the zip.

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade here. The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

side by side configuration issues error 14001

Permanent link to this post Posted by majesticbrass » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:58 pm

I have used audacity for years on this vista machine. I had to do a total reformat yesterday which seems to have come out ok in large part. However, when I install the latest audacity, 2.0.2, I get error message 14001 "side by side configuration is incorrect". I have followed the advice on the forum from earlier version problems with this and installed the 2008 C++ redistributable file recommended. This still has not solved the problem. So, I looked for the latest C== redist... file and installed that as well. I have also uninstalled and installed into the root C:audacity directory instead of under program files/audacity. Not sure where to go from here, but I have a small project to get done for Doc Severinsen! Any help you can offer?
majesticbrass

Re: side by side configuration issues error 14001

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:15 am

majesticbrass wrote:I have used audacity for years on this vista machine. I had to do a total reformat yesterday which seems to have come out ok in large part. However, when I install the latest audacity, 2.0.2, I get error message 14001 "side by side configuration is incorrect". I have followed the advice on the forum from earlier version problems with this and installed the 2008 C++ redistributable file recommended. This still has not solved the problem.

Make sure you install the correct redistributable. You need the 32-bit redistributable if you are on 32-bit Vista and the 64-bit redistributable if you are on 64-bit Vista.

majesticbrass wrote: So, I looked for the latest C== redist... file and installed that as well.

That won't help.

majesticbrass wrote:I have also uninstalled and installed into the root C:audacity directory instead of under program files/audacity.

Doesn't make any difference.

There are probably hacks you can make but please make sure you installed the correct redistributable first.

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Permanent link to this post Posted by majesticbrass » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:16 am

it seems that my installation, which began yesterday morning, is still going through updates and has just reached service pack 1. I will keep you all informed after I get to service pack 2.
majesticbrass

Permanent link to this post Posted by majesticbrass » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:18 am

I did the 32 bit redist. I saw a listing of changing the install directory and tried it. currently working on getting service pack 2 installed before trying again.
majesticbrass

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:21 am

majesticbrass wrote:it seems that my installation, which began yesterday morning, is still going through updates and has just reached service pack 1. I will keep you all informed after I get to service pack 2.

The Service Packs should be applied for their own sake but may or may not help.

The problem arises on newly installed operating systems and disappears when other third-party programs are installed that also install the redistributable.

Gale
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:22 am

majesticbrass wrote:I did the 32 bit redist.

That will only help if you actually have 32-bit Vista.

Gale
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Permanent link to this post Posted by majesticbrass » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:25 am

everything is updated to service pack 2 and all works well. thanks!
majesticbrass

Return to Windows