Corrupted file

I recorded four sets of a band in a live performance using Audacity and two mics through a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 and a Dell Latitude notebook. The first two sets recorded well and were each exported as a wav file which also imported and played well. The third set recorded, but on playback the file was completely corrupted and played back garbage (though the songs were faintly recognizable). I saved the file once as wav and once as an Audacity file; the Audacity file wouldn’t open and crashed my computer. I closed everything, restarted and tested the system and it worked, the fourth set was fine, but I seem to have lost the third set.

This is not the first time this has happened to me. Is there a cause or solution for this? Are there any ways to save the corrupted file? Is there another program that doesn’t have this problem?

Oldbear

Audacity cannot crash your computer. See here Audacity Manual .

What version of Windows? You might not be using the correct or latest Focusrite drivers. See here Focusrite | Focusrite Downloads .

Is it the AUP file and/or _data folder you have lost? Do you still have the WAV?

Gale