Labelling Tracks.

Iam recording Vinyl using my DJ Tech RCA 2 USB I can record good Hi Fi Sound from my Hi Fi Iam having problems Listing the Tracks For Example I have not recorded these Tracks Like Heart of Glass Blondie Then another track Downtown Petula Clarke I want to list a lot of Tracks I have used Metador But it will only list on e track I press next something like that it wont go forward to put in the next track Iam putting them onto my Laptop Can you please help me step by step?

Many Thanks.

Dave.

How are you wanting to play the files? WAV files played directly from the computer? CD? MP3’s on an MP3 player?

Sorry meant to say I want to Use Itunes or WMP,Windows Media Player I dont know how to put WAV on here.

Dave.

To put them on MP3 and CDS.

Dave.

See this tutorial, in particular the section “Sample workflow for LP digitization”
http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/tutorial_copying_tapes_lps_or_minidiscs_to_cd.html

Once you have the WAV files, use your MP3 encoder of choice to convert them all to MP3, then I’d suggest using a bulk MP3 tagging tool such as Mp3tag or similar.

I cant make head and tail of this is it possible for you to Telephone me on [phone number removed] and we could go through this together Please.

Many Thanks.

Dave.

Sorry Dave we don’t offer telephone support. As a free product we don’t get paid nearly enough to do that, in fact the people that help out here on the forum (like myself) are unpaid volunteers that like to help fellow Audacity users in their spare time.

I’ve removed your telephone number as it is a really bad idea to post either e-mail addresses or telephone numbers on public forums. Not everyone on the Internet are as nice as we are.

Sorry Ok Can you tell me the solution to my query on here then Please Thanks.

Dave.

How far did you get with the tutorial?
Where did you get stuck?

I read bits of it Iam stuck with actually were do I click to Label all the tracks one by one and put onto Itunes or WMP, Windows Media player. for example would I first of all click File then Whatever and a screen would come up so I can label for example first track then click next then I could put a second track a third ans so on and save then transfer to Itunes Ow WMP,Windows Media Player?

Dave.

What are you starting with?
Do you have one audio track in Audacity that has multiple songs recorded in it?
or do you have one audio track in Audacity with one song recorded in it?
or do you have multiple audio tracks in Audacity, with one song recorded in each track?
or something else?

Audacity all the tracks on one of my CDs is on my Itunes but it does not start with all the songs Only one song is displayed with the wrong Artwork ie CD cover. I started with metador in Audacity.

Dave.

What is “metador”?

Metador the drop down menu were you put in the name of the track artist genre etc.

Dave.

You mean the “Metadata Editor”? Audacity Manual

“Artwork” may be attached to certain types of audio file (such as MP3) but this feature (Artwork) is not supported by Audacity.

I’m trying to understand what you mean.
Do you mean that you have recorded several tracks from vinyl into Audacity as one audio track, and then exported from Audacity as a WAV file, and then burned that WAV file to CD, and then when you play that CD in iTunes you see only one track listed?
or do you mean something else?

I dont think it has downloaded to WAV Files What does WAV stand for Can you go through the process step by step on here than I can write it down On how to put all the tracks so when I download it to CD and MP3 player it will show up the track title and Artist There is another way to get the Art on File Iwas told to download it from Amazon. Please Thanks.

Dave.

Are you able to record the tracks into Audacity, and then play them back (in Audacity)?

Yes Playing Vinyl recording them first from my Hi Fi To My Laptop.

Dave.

OK, so what you need to do next is to export them in a form that other programs understand.
Audacity saves “Audacity Projects” which only Audacity can understand.

For making a CD you will need to export the recording as a “WAV” file.
For playing tracks in iTunes you will probably want MP3 or AC3 format.

WAV, MP3 and AC3 are three different file formats for audio.
WAV is the highest quality of these three formats, but also creates the largest files.
MP3 and AC3 have better support for metadata and are smaller files, but the sound quality is not as good as WAV.

For more information about “Projects” and “audio files”, please read this page (this is important background information): http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/audacity_projects.html

I suggest that next we look at going from the Audacity recording to making a high quality audio CD. Does that suit you?

Yes suits me How do I get WAV files on Audacity take me through this.Please.IO will look at this now the links you have just sent me.

Dave.