Paste audio at end of soundtrack

Help for all users of Audacity 2.x on Windows.

This forum is for Audacity 2.x on Windows.

Please state which version of Windows you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from Help > About Audacity and whether you obtained the .exe installer or the zip.

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade here. The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Paste audio at end of soundtrack

Permanent link to this post Posted by Lyngas » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:07 pm

Hi there and thanks for the useful tool! :)

In Audacity 1.26 when i wand to duplicate piece of sound i just paste anywhere in channel, and the new track joined automatic to end of previous track.. now if i paste sound, that stay in place i paste it! :(

Is that very difficult to me because i have to do that every time (copy + paste) about 40, 50 times and adjust manual the position start/end..

Look at screenshot what i mean.

Is there any way to do that in new 2.+ version, or i have to go back to 1.26 ..?

Thanks, Demetris. :)
Attachments
Clipboard02.png
Clipboard02.png (80.5 KiB) Viewed 409 times
Lyngas

Re: Paste audio at end of soundtrack

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:41 am

The 2.0.behaviour is better for people who want to paste exactly where they put the cursor after the end of the audio. This then gives them a separate clip with a space between the previous end of the audio and the paste.

For what you want to do you can place the cursor anywhere after the end of the track, press K on your keyboard, then paste. K places the cursor at the current end of the track.

But why not paste that audio once then use Effect > Repeat (http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/ef ... tml#repeat)?

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Permanent link to this post Posted by waxcylinder » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:47 am

And BTW note that your audio is clipping, you have an oversaturated (over-loud) signhal that is banging against the top and bottom of the waveform window at 1/-1 - you really need to choke it back a bit or it will sound horrible.

WC
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * FAQ * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Audacity Manual * * * * * Audacity Wiki * * * * *Donate * * * * *
waxcylinder
Forum Staff

Permanent link to this post Posted by Lyngas » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:16 am

Gale Andrews wrote:The 2.0.behaviour is better for people who want to paste exactly where they put the cursor after the end of the audio. This then gives them a separate clip with a space between the previous end of the audio and the paste.

For what you want to do you can place the cursor anywhere after the end of the track, press K on your keyboard, then paste. K places the cursor at the current end of the track.

But why not paste that audio once then use Effect > Repeat (http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/ef ... tml#repeat)?

Gale

thank you very much mate! :D you save me lot of time searching !
Lyngas

Permanent link to this post Posted by Lyngas » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:20 am

waxcylinder wrote:And BTW note that your audio is clipping, you have an oversaturated (over-loud) signhal that is banging against the top and bottom of the waveform window at 1/-1 - you really need to choke it back a bit or it will sound horrible.

WC

Thanks for the note waxcylinder. :) I made it just for the example.
Lyngas

Return to Windows