Is there a way to stop auto-zoom on track you are recording.

Hi everybody,

I have something that’s driving me totally nuts in Audacity when recording. Anytime I record a new track, while I am recording it the track automatically zooms in to what I’m recording. I’d like to be able to monitor my other tracks while playing my instrument as it helps to know when changes in the song are happening. Is it possible to stop auto-zoom from happening?

It’s driving me nuts.

I’m not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean it’s zooming vertically or horizontally?

Both. What I am saying is I’d like to view the track I am recording in collapsed mode so I can see all the other collapsed tracks along with the one I am recording. I did however find a minor workaround, once the record button is hit, I can go to view and quickly collapse all tracks and record how I want. I just wish I could do it before hitting record.

AFAIK Audacity can’t record in a collapsed track automatically. Try what happens if in Audacity, under “Edit > Preferences > Tracks” in the “Display” section you uncheck “Automatically fit tracks vertically zoomed”.

No, but you can:

1. Press Pause
  2. Press Record
  3. Collapse the track
  4. Press Pause