Which interface ?

Hi everybody
I am new to the world of recording.
I would appreciate guidance on which guitar usb interface to use. I have been looking at Behringer, M-track, and Line 6, each of which seem to have had both good and bad reviews.
Budget is important as a pensioner, but ease of use is also important.
Studio quality recordings are not required, just wish to show my progress on learning guitar to family and friends around europe via e-mail, so MP3 files would be the norm. Usual sort of music would be, say, Hank Marvin type tunes over pre-recorded backing track.

Many thanks.

Just to be clear, are you playing an acoustic guitar into a microphone, or plugging your electric guitar pickup into the computer? We have to build your system in our head, so we need enough to do it accurately.

Koz

Electric guitar (Strat) via Alesis Quadraverb GT

So really you want to record the output of the Alesis Quadraverb?

The Behringer UCA 202 will be able to do that as long as you don’t overload the recording level. It is also cheap.
I wrote a review for the UCA 202 in the Recording Equipment section: Recording Equipment - Audacity Forum

The ART USB interfaces are probably also worth considering - they are not quite as cheap as the UCA 202 but have a robust metal case and have additional useful features such as input level controls.