Audacity 2.0 does not open Wav-file

Hello

I have just installed Audacity 2.0.0 to an old Windows XP from .exe installer. Installation went ok., I suppose, but when I try to open the first file, it does not recognize, that the file is .wav-file. The file was recorded with Windows Media Player.

I tried both Open > and Bring (?) > Audio (ctrl+shift+I) (my program has another language, so I am not sure, if Bring is the right word in English…)

Program gave two warnings:
“Audacity attempted to use FFmpeg to import an audio file, but the libraries were not found” and another:
"Audacity did not recognize the type of the file "E:Ha_T.wav '. If it is uncompressed, try importing it using “Import Raw”.

I tried to import the file as a raw file, that seemed to go ok but the speech was played veeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy slowly so you could not understand the words at all.

Please help me :smiley: . Thank you for your help!

Program gave two warnings:
“Audacity attempted to use FFmpeg to import an audio file, but the libraries were not found”

You need to install FFmpeg. Instructions are here: http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/FAQ:Installation_and_Plug-Ins#ffdown

The file is not an uncompressed WAV - WAV is just a container and in this case contains a compressed file format.

– Bill