Audacity Stops Recording Without User Intervention

I was recording a radio interview from an online radio broadcast this morning (Compaq PC, Windows XP Professional OS), and Audacity worked fine for the first 13 minutes, then inexplicably stopped, causing me to lose the final few minutes of the segment I was recording. Have others experienced this? Is it a matter of file size? What can I do to prevent this from happening in the future? Thanks.

How much free space is there on your C: drive?
Did Audacity freeze, crash, or just stop recording?
How are you making the recording? What equipment and how is it all connected? Are you talking about a real radio, or on-line radio?

Thanks for this response.

How much free space is there on your C: drive?
16,122,363,904 bytes (about 16GB)

Did Audacity freeze, crash, or just stop recording?
It appears to have just stopped recording. I wasn’t monitoring it at the time.

Are you talking about a real radio, or on-line radio? How are you making the recording? I was using the Wave Out Mix input from an internet broadcast of a talk show. I was actually doing an interview on the show and recording it at the same time from the internet feed. Speakers off, of course. When I played back the interview, it simply stopped at about the 13-minute mark. If the internet feed had been interrupted, I think Audacity would have continued recording, even though there was no sound. That didn’t happen. The recording simply stopped.

What equipment and how is it all connected? All internal on the Compaq PC running Windows XP Professional.

Hope this helps. Thanks again.

Best,

Greg Lewis

I’m not sure what the case is on Windows, but on Linux (which I use), if the audio stream stops then so does Audacity.
The only other thing that comes to mind is to check that “Sound Activated Recording” is NOT enabled (Transport menu).