Can someone plaase help me with fake stereo and remastering.

Im really trying to make a clear, duophonic version of She Loves You by The Beatles. Every version on youtube is really bad. Or okay. I have the She Loves You mp3 from iTunes. Its a mono song but its a stereo file. I just want to make it fake stereo, duphonic. I dont really know how to do that. i know you need to add like reverb and echo and all that jazz. Also i want to make the song clearer, if thats possible.

Also, i am using Windows 7, Audacity 2.0 and installed with .exe

Anything you do with echo and reverb is going to sound fake and muddy.

You can try splitting the top and bottom tracks and move the bottom track very slightly later than the top with the Time Shift Tool (two sideways black arrows). That will make the tracks sound deep depending on how far you take it. I think there’s a standard for how much to shoot for, but I’m not sure what it is.

You will of course be doing all this on top quality headphones or a killer sound system, right? Nothing like mixing a song and discover all you’ve been doing is fixing your cheap speakers.

Koz

Try this “pseudo stereo” effect: https://forum.audacityteam.org/t/pseudo-stereo-effect/19770/1